Introduction to the research group:
The EMI research group was established in September 2018 and belongs to the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of Southern University of Science and Technology. The main research directions of the research group include: computational intelligence, evolutionary computing, and deep learning. It aims to use computer simulation to understand the scientific connotation of the complexity, diversity and intelligence of evolutionary phenomena, and focus on the development of data-driven automatic modeling and intelligence. Optimize systematic theory and methods to help solve complex engineering application problems. After two years of development, the research group has attracted a group of outstanding scholars at home and abroad. The main members include: long-term associate professor/researcher, 1 research assistant professor/associate researcher, 2 postdoctoral fellows, 3 doctoral students, and research assistants 5, 5 master students, 2 visiting scholars, and more than 10 undergraduate assistants. Since the establishment of the research group in September 2018, a total of three outstanding postdoctoral fellows have joined, all of whom have been selected as the “Principal Outstanding Postdoctoral Fellow” (the only one in the department that year). As of January 2021, the research team has been approved by the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Huawei HiSilicon and other competitive projects with a total of more than 6 million yuan in the past two years. Nearly 30 academic papers have been published in top international journals or well-known international academic conferences, and more than 10 invention patents have been applied for.
Introduction of excellent postdoc:
Dr. He Cheng is currently a research assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Southern University of Science and Technology; he was a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Computer and Engineering at Southern University of Science and Technology (2018-2020), and was selected as the sixth batch of outstanding postdoctoral fellows. Dr. He Cheng’s research field is computational intelligence (including evolutionary multi-objective optimization, model-assisted optimization, large-scale optimization, etc.). He has published more than 30 papers in the past 5 years (including 17 papers in JCR Q1 journals, including IEEE Trans. Article 10), 4 invention patents were approved, 1 National Natural Science Foundation Youth Fund, 1 National Natural Science Foundation Joint Fund Key Support Project; application of research results to important projects such as deep learning model optimization, power grid fault detection, etc. Research field.
Dr. Zhichao Lu received his Ph.D. in electrical and computer engineering from Michigan State University in the United States in 2020; he is currently a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Southern University of Science and Technology, and was selected as the eighth batch of outstanding postdoctoral fellows. Dr. Zhichao Lu’s research field is evolutionary machine learning (specifically including evolutionary neural network architecture search, automated machine learning, machine learning-assisted evolutionary algorithms, etc.). Recently, many papers have been published as the first author on CVPR, ECCV, IEEE TPAMI and other machines. Vision CCF-A conferences and journals. Dr. Zhichao Lu won the Best Paper Award at the 2019 GECCO International Conference (Evolutionary Machine Learning Branch).
- Has obtained or is about to obtain a doctorate degree in computer-related fields;
- Have a strong interest in scientific research, work conscientiously and responsibly, have a rigorous attitude towards scientific research, and have a good team spirit;
Have professional English literature reading and writing skills;
- Published high-level journals and conference papers;
- Have a background in artificial intelligence.
Treatment during the employment period (after-tax annual salary of 340-410 thousand):
- The basic salary of post-doctoral researchers is 8,677 yuan, and the housing subsidy is 2,800 yuan per month by the school; meal supplements, high temperature subsidies and holiday expenses, etc., are about 10,000 yuan per year; after entering the station, the Shenzhen Municipal Government will provide a one-time post-doctoral allowance of 180,000 yuan (Tax-free), 180,000 yuan will be issued after the mid-term assessment;
Remarks: A) The annual 180,000 tax-free allowances in Shenzhen are issued: a) After successfully completing the entry procedures, make an opening report. After the opening report is passed, 180,000 will be issued in one lump sum; b) 180,000 will be issued in a lump sum after passing the mid-term assessment. 2) The school’s monthly basic salary of 8,677 yuan is required to pay five social insurances and one housing fund, the basic salary of 8,677 yuan and the housing subsidy of 2,800 yuan need to be deducted a small amount of tax, and the rest of the salary structure is tax-free.
In addition, for newly-introduced talents in Shenzhen, they can also apply for a one-time rent and living allowance of 30,000 yuan (tax exemption) granted by Shenzhen to newly-introduced talents.
Without considering the deduction of a small amount of tax, the total annual average basic after-tax treatment is:
After entering the station, if you successfully apply for SUSTech’s “President Excellent Postdoctoral”, the basic salary is 14,625 yuan/month, and the average annual basic after-tax treatment is: 180,000+(14625+2800)*12+10000+150000=410,000 yuan.
- The research team provides a good working environment and opportunities for cooperation and exchanges at home and abroad. Post-doctoral fellows enjoy a total of 25,000 academic exchange funding for two years during their stay at the station.
- According to the specific scientific research performance of the postdoctoral fellow, they can enjoy the corresponding scientific research performance rewards of the department and the research group (outstanding achievements, and the research group will issue 10,000 yuan each year).
- The research team provides sufficient scientific research support and assists the postdoctoral fellow in applying for the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, the National Natural Science Foundation of China, and scientific research projects at all levels in Guangdong and Shenzhen.
- Post-doctoral candidates who choose to stay in Shenzhen to engage in scientific research work and have signed a labor (employment) contract with enterprises and institutions in this city for more than 3 years can apply for Shenzhen Postdoctoral Research Fund in Shenzhen. The Shenzhen Municipal Government grants 100,000 yuan of scientific research funding per person per year for a total of 3 years.
- According to the conditions that they meet, they can apply for the Shenzhen Talents Program to obtain more than 3 million project funding support and generous living allowances to stay in or out of the station for postdoctoral fellows.
- For outstanding postdoctoral students, they will actively recommend and assist them in applying for positions such as research assistant professors at Southern University of Science and Technology, and directly hire them as master tutors. After the end of the employment period, they can be further promoted to positions such as research associate professors at Southern University of Science and Technology.
- Provide personal high-performance workstations for postdoctoral fellows in the research group; provide multi-threaded CPU server resources for postdoctoral fellows engaged in data-driven intelligent modeling and optimization; provide Tesla V100 GPU server and deep learning platform DGX-2 resources for postdoctoral fellows engaged in deep neural evolution .